Our Top 10 Tanning Tips
With one St.Tropez tan performed every minute and one St.Tropez product sold every fifteen seconds, we know a thing or two about tanning, in fact we're complete pro's. We've gathered our top 10 tips from our celebrity tanners, salon professionals and die hard tanning fans, so here's the run down....
1. If you’re waxing or shaving before tanning, make sure you do it more than 24 hrs before your tan - removal opens up the skins pores and can make you skin sensitive
2. Exfoliate and moisturise the night before - it will mean your skin is silky soft for application and improve the results of your tan.
3. Don't moisturise directly before tanning as it can act as a blocker to tan development - but do moisturise everyday afterwards to maintain your tan and encourage an even fade
4. Prior to application, moisturize dry areas such as elbows, knees, hands and feet to prevent the tan from clinging and appearing uneven in these areas.
5. Use latex gloves or an applicator mitt - tanned palms are a no-no!
6. To ensure a natural looking streak-free finish, apply your tan in upward sweeping motions, never rub in circles!
7. Struggling to tan your back? Turn your mitt back to front on your hand when tanning your back - you'll be able to reach a lot further
8. Try and avoid washing your hands for as long as possible in the development time - a minimum of 2 hours.
9. Once you've applied your tan wear loose, dark fitting clothing and avoid tight underwear - anything that's pressing on the skin can make results a bit patchy.
10. Sleeping in your tan is the best way to allow it to develop and achieve a natural looking, streak-free colour.
So there's our run down, we'd love to hear if you have any others to share with us in the comments section below.Read more