Thinking of getting a professional spray tan? Our tanning advice below will give you the full run down of how to prepare for your treatment, the treatment itself and maintenance.
A St.Tropez Tanning Treatment gives you a flawless tan with professional results. You'll get to choose from our professional salon mist or lotion treatment for a natural looking, streak-free tan to suit every skin tone.
To find your nearest salon, simply enter your postcode into our salon locator >>
PREPARATION BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT
- We recommend you have a patch test 24 hours prior to your St.Tropez tanning treatment.
- It is preferable not to apply any type of perfume, deodorant or aromatherapy oils on the day of your treatment as these may reduce the results.
- Waxing or shaving should be completed at least 24 hours prior to the treatment to reduce sensitivity. For laser hair removal please seek advice from your practitioner.
- For Spray Tanning, the evening before or morning of your treatment, exfoliate your entire body using St.Tropez Tan Enhancing Body Polish. Pay special attention to dry areas of your body such as hands, elbows, knees and feet.
- Wear dark, loose fitting clothing as not to disturb the tan when getting dressed. Please be aware the guide colour can stain light hair, man-made fibres and wool.
- Original Lotion Application – Approximately 1 hour. You will receive a full body exfoliation and moisturisation of the relevant areas and a professional application of St.Tropez Bronzing Lotion.
- Spray Tan Application – Approximately 15 minutes. After selecting the appropriate St.Tropez Bronzing Mist, available in Classic, Sensitive, Dark and new Express you will receive a professional full body spray application. The Bronzing Mist will dry on your skin in just a few minutes so you can dress straight after the treatment.
AFTER TREATMENT ADVICE
- Your tan will begin to develop immediately after your treatment.
- Do not shower or bathe for a minimum of 4 hours after your treatment. The ideal development time is 8 hours.
- During the development time, do not participate any activity which may cause perspiration.
- It is fine to leave the guide colour on overnight and wash in the morning.
- Some guide colour may transfer to bed linen. This will wash out of cotton but not so easily from man-made fibres or wool.
TAN MAINTENANCE TIPS
- With the correct aftercare your tan can last longer, apply St.Tropez Tan Enhancing Body Moisturiser daily to hydrate your skin and maintain your tan for longer.
- Exfoliate your skin with St.Tropez Tan Enhancing Body Polish every 3 days to ensure your tan fades evenly.
- Do not rub, but pat your skin dry after showering or bathing.
- Avoid swimming pools as chlorine can bleach the skin so your tan will fade faster.